Tuesday 8 November 2016

Learner Diary

Week 3 diary entry: What did you do in each lesson this week (briefly)? Terms to be covered: - Primary and secondary audience (what does each term mean?) - Demographics (what is it / what does this include?) - Brand identity (what is it / what does this include?) On Monday I analysed the East Norfolk website and two of my favorite  websites, Facebook and YouTube. I had to decide if the site looks good and if the site is ok for 15 to 17 years. Facebook and YouTube have a good brand identity because you can recognize the page and they have exclusive features that people want to use. On Wednesday I looked at primary target audiences which means it is the main group of users a website is made for. However, there is a secondary audience, with common interests like the primary audience but they are not the main group of people the website wants to target. On Friday I looked at demographics which is a number and characteristics of people who form a particular group e.g. age, money, what they spend on.

Week 4 diary entry: Typography is the style and appearance of printed text. It is the art or procedure of arranging type or processing data and printing from it. When I looked at East Norfolk sixth form College website page, I analysed the typography. I looked at font family, this is a selection of similar fonts to use if one is not available. HTML is hypertext mark-up language and is used for paragraph, list and tables, etc. CSS is cascading, style, sheets and is used for colors, layout and fonts. Hex codes are colors used in displaying web pages, and the methods for describing and specifying those colors. Website layout Layout can both be one of the easiest and one of the trickiest facets of web design.

Week 5-7 entry: What have you been working on (briefly)? I been working on my website to create homepage. I used a Mood Board for my design because I wanted to plan my design and layout first and to see how it would look. I have included information about information evenings and new events by using Photoshop templates to help me design my page. I created a Hyperlinked PowerPoint mock-up of webpages because I wanted to check that everything would work when the user wanted to go to the link. I have hyperlinks to other pages and other websites for example Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment